This time of year our countertops and fridge are always bursting with fruit. Thankfully my boys love fruit because they do not, ahem, love vegetables (to my great dismay). So I load up on the juicy, colorful fruits. And I'm always thinking up new ways..Read More
I dreamed up these yummy burgers while on the road last weekend. We picked up the ingredients and threw them together in the RV at a campground in Madison, Wisconsin. Here are a few notes about this oh-so-delicious burger..Read More
For the love of sugar and cherries, people, I have a problem. Peek at my last ten posts and you'll get my gist. Next week's menu involves a few recipes that are not sugar-laden and I'm strangely excited about it. Turning over a new, savory leaf in this frozen land.Read More
I literally dreamed about this appetizer for like four nights in a row before calling it perfect and giving it a whirl. If you don't dream constantly about food like I do, please just act like I'm not a weirdo. Because OHMY-goodness this turned out delicious and it is totally worth the title.Read More
Tonight may have been a bust, but it was a blessing-in-disguise bust. The boys were supposed to spend the night with my sister while Dan and I attended a Christmas party. Sammy got sick, which was followed by Elijah asking for a nap (uhh..there couldn't be a bigger indicator of impending sickness) and then..Read More
Today was a "toughie," as my Elijah would say. We brought our oldest son to the hospital for what we thought was a routine surgery to peek on his left ear tube that didn't appear to be doing its job. We left the hospital with some unexpected news and with a much bigger surgery on our calendar.Read More
I went from writing a post a day in early December to a post a week here in early January. I have been working on a big project that is food-related and that I am very excited about. I will be ready to unveil it in a few weeks! Wooo!
In fact, this post provides a giant clue about what my secret project is. Any guesses?
Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments and emails regarding my website. I will not ignore a single one! My boys and I are enjoying a lazy Saturday, so I will share this recipe with you and get back to relaxing on the couch. Important business calls..
Nutella Brie-Nana Grilled Cheese
Nutella, bananas and brie cheese are packed inside the walls of this grilled cheese sandwich!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Jan 12, 2013
Total time:10 min
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 4.5-oz. package Brie cheese, rinds removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 banana, cut lengthwise into four equal slices
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Flip the buttered bread slices over and spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella over each.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, Nutella side up, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices, 2 banana slices, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices and slice of bread, Nutella side down, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!