Salted Caramel Apple Cupcakes are the tastiest way to use up apples! Salted caramel oozes over apple cupcakes that are topped with apple-infused icing. These are irresistible!
Warning: I'm about to unleash an abnormal amount of apple recipes here on Pip and Ebby. I have a thing for baking and cooking with apples, the same way I have a thing for watching scary movies in the fall. My boys are back at school this week, so I've had extra time to be in the kitchen. The apples in my fruit bowl were staring me down, so my only option was to dust off my apple peeler/corer and get busy! These Salted Caramel Apple Cupcakes were the first things to come out of my apple frenzy and ohhhhhh my goodness I started off on a good note. They are absolutely, insanely delicious. And easy! Be ready to knock people's socks off with these babies.
A few notes about Salted Caramel Apple Cupcakes:
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full with the batter and do not go past this point or your cupcakes will grow muffin tops.
- Freeze-dried apples (for the icing) can be found at Wal-Mart and they are either sitting out by the fruit or tucked back on the shelves next to the dried fruit/raisins.
Making Your Own Salted Caramel Sauce Is Easy - Watch How Here!
- Use two different types of apples for a more complex flavor (one tart, one sweet!).
- Make sure the milk used in the recipe is at room temperature. If you don't make time for this, microwave it straight from the fridge for 30 seconds.
- Assemble the cupcakes as close to serving as possible and sprinkle the salt over the tops just before hungry hands start reaching for them.
Now please tell me I'm not the only one. Raise your hand if you love apples as much as I do and then leave me a comment. I gotta know I'm not alone.
Enjoy these ooey-gooey, moist, flavor-packed, apple-infused Salted Caramel Apple Cupcakes and have a wonderful weekend!