I went from writing a post a day in early December to a post a week here in early January. I have been working on a big project that is food-related and that I am very excited about. I will be ready to unveil it in a few weeks! Wooo!
In fact, this post provides a giant clue about what my secret project is. Any guesses?
Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments and emails regarding my website. I will not ignore a single one! My boys and I are enjoying a lazy Saturday, so I will share this recipe with you and get back to relaxing on the couch. Important business calls..
Nutella Brie-Nana Grilled Cheese
Nutella, bananas and brie cheese are packed inside the walls of this grilled cheese sandwich!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Jan 12, 2013
Total time:10 min
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 4.5-oz. package Brie cheese, rinds removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 banana, cut lengthwise into four equal slices
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Flip the buttered bread slices over and spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella over each.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, Nutella side up, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices, 2 banana slices, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices and slice of bread, Nutella side down, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!