This grilled cheese is so delicious that while you are eating it, you will forget that your baby is crying and your toddler is screaming at you to get him some more FRUIT SNACKS, MOM.
I combined my love of The Grilled Cheese and my newest love of pesto to create one tasty little sandwich. This grilled cheese is so delicious that while you are eating it, you will forget that your baby is crying and your toddler is screaming at you to get him some more FRUIT SNACKS, MOM.
This recipe requires pesto. Make this delicious version or use store-bought!
Pesto Crab Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Pesto, crab meat and grilled cheese...YUM!
Total time:15 min
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 oz. imitation crab meat, chopped
- Dollup of softened cream cheese
- 2 slices white or wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 slices cojack or cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto, crab meat and cream cheese. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer the sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, 1 slice cheese, pesto-crab mixture, 1 slice cheese and slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwich onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!