The little boys and I survived our 2,800-mile Kentucky/North Carolina road trip. We packed many smiles, tears and memories into 13 days. One of the greatest gifts I feel I can give to my precious boys is introducing them to ADVENTURE. I love adventure and I want them to seek it, always. There is so much to see and do and explore and discover. There are so many amazing people to meet and love and make connections with. Elijah told me the other day that he wants to visit Egypt. "Maybe next summer," he said. Uhh, I was thinking maybe just visiting the west coast next summer. I promised him that we will explore the world together (with the rest of our family, if they are up for it, too)! Egypt and everything in between.
I made this super easy meal at my parents' house while we were in NC. It was a hit!
Prepare 16 ounces of penne pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
Meanwhile, add the following to a skillet:
3/4 cup chicken broth
2-3 cloves minced garlic
Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 large handfuls baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 red bell pepper, sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bunch asparagus, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Cook for 1 minute.
Add the cooked pasta.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour into a serving dish and top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve warm!
Veggie Confetti Pasta
A super easy and veggie-filled pasta dish!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Jun 24, 2014
Total time:25 min
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large handfuls baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken broth and garlic to a skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for three minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell pepper and asparagus pieces and cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the basil and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and cook until warmed through, approximately three minutes. Pour mixture into a serving dish, top with cheese and serve.