One of the things I did not expect to need to know when I began this blog was html code. After spending hours yesterday navigating my way through code in order to get my recipes to appear just how I want them at the end of each post, I basically dreamt in html all night. I woke up feeling tired and stressed! I think I'll gaze at pretty pictures on Pinterest to keep giant blocks of text from chasing me in my sleep tonight.
Did you all have a nice weekend? Ours was good! We packed in some fun things, despite the chilly weather. Yesterday we all took a huge family nap, which was delicious. Not as delicious as these potatoes, though. We made these a few weeks ago (yep, I'm behind) when my stepmom was in town. They were a hit and can be super versatile. Replace the tomatoes and artichokes with literally just about anything. Bacon and leeks? Mushrooms and kale? Ham and olives? Cilantro and tomatoes? Mmmm.
Cook half of an onion in a little bit of olive oil. Throw in a sprinkling or two of salt and pepper.
Add milk and sour cream.
And cheese. I used mozzarella and cheddar, but use what you have on hand. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add yummy extras.
Boil 10-12 baby red potatoes for 20 minutes (or until a fork can be easily inserted into the middle) and cut them into cubes. Add to a baking dish.
Pour the gooey mixture over the top!
I'm thinking green olives and chunks of ham will be next on my list.
Have a great week, everyone! Thank you for reading!
Baked Potato Casserole with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
These savory potatoes are so easy and versatile. Swap out the tomatoes and artichokes with bacon and chives. Or Olives and ham!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Apr 14, 2014
Total time:45 min
- 10-12 baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Sprinkling of salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 7-oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan for 20 minutes, or until a fork can be easily inserted into the centers. Remove from pan and chop into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft and fragrant.
- Add the milk and sour cream to the skillet. Stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the artichokes and tomatoes.
- Place the cubed potatoes on the bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with the cheese mixture. Spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.