I am still alive, can you believe it?! I survived 18 days on the road, in my very old but awesome car, with 2 little boys by my side. We drove 3,800 miles. We met or reunited with 75 people. We visited 17 families. Fourteen of the people we saw were children with congenital heart disease, just like my oldest monkey. It was an incredible and unforgettable experience. I still have much to process and ponder before I begin to write about the details of the journey. In a nutshell, it was an adventure of a lifetime filled with memories we will never forget with people who we consider lifetime friends. Amazing stuff, friends, amazing stuff. We are blessed and our hearts are filled with love.
In the meantime, I want to share this delicious dip with you all! It is totally indulgent and not at all on your list of diet foods. It is sooo good, though, and it will make your guests swoon. You have to try this one!
In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
Add 2 cloves of minced garlic.
Cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add an 8-oz. jar of chopped julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet.
Cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine:
8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons pesto
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
Mix well. Add the sun-dried tomato mixture from the skillet.
Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chips, crackers or veggies!
This is SO GOOD. Go make it now. Seriously. Now. GO!
Basil Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Dips this gooey and delicious should be against the law. This dip comes with a warning: you WILL have the desire to eat the entire batch. Alone.
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Jul 29, 2013
Total time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-oz. jar julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until soft and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, pesto and basil. Mix well. Add the sun-dried tomato mixture from the skillet and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with chips, crackers or veggies.