My boys are funny. They make me laugh out loud at least a dozen times every day. I write every bit of their funnies down so that I never forget a single word of it. My three-year-old Sammy said something yesterday that will likely be in the top 3 of funniest things my boys ever said. If you follow me on Facebook, you know what's coming.
My camera broke (boo), so I brought it to the repair shop with my boys in tow. The nice gentleman at the counter was writing down my information, and Elijah and Sammy were sitting together in a chair being silly and laughing. Sammy stopped laughing and spoke into the silence, "Mommy, are you going to take your pants off?" ..crickets chirping.... I have to give the man credit because he did not flinch. I shot Sammy a mortified and confused look. Then again, but louder this time, "MOMMY! Are you going to take your pants off?!" Oh my goodness! Where did this come from? What must this man think of me? That removing my pants in public is a common event? "Thank you, ma'am, I will give you a call when your camera is ready."
As embarrassing as it was, I love it. These are the stories I will be telling to Sammy's wife someday.
Ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with the funniness of my boys, but you just have to make this red fruit salad. It is gorgeous and so yummy. The little hint of basil sends it into a whole new realm of yummy.
Grab a bag of Bing cherries and pit/chop a couple big handfuls of them until you have approximately 2 cups.
Hull, rinse and chop two 16-oz. containers of fresh strawberries.
Rinse three 6-oz. containers of fresh raspberries.
Combine all of that delicious red fruit in a large bowl and set it aside for just a few minutes.
In a small bowl, combine:
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Mix well and drizzle over the fruit. Gently stir with a large spoon until the fruit is coated thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe makes a huge batch, so feel free to cut it in half.
I hope you enjoy it AND I hope you have a day filled with funnies.
Red Fruit Salad
This red salad isn't just pretty!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Jun 25, 2013
Total time: 20 min
- Three 6-oz. containers fresh raspberries, rinsed
- Two 16-oz. containers fresh strawberries, hulled, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups Bing cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, combine the raspberries, strawberries and cherries. In a small bowl, combine the basil, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well and drizzle over fruit. Gently incorporate the liquid with a large spoon, being careful not to break the raspberries, until the fruit is thoroughly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.