We are coming off a weekend that has left us totally exhausted yet totally happy. We spent our first weekend this season at the dropzone as a family (in the, yes, freezing cold). It was so nice to see our friends again and to spend time away from the city. We love our "second home," as our boys call our trailer life in the country. So here we are, ready to start a fresh week in which I will need to make much better choices about the food that I put into my body.
I made these stuffed avocados for lunch on Friday and I am IN LOVE. I will be making variations of this a lot this week as good fuel for my body. You know, as opposed to the giant greasy breakfast fuel I gave it this morning. Ugh.
Preheat broiler (if desired).
In a medium bowl, combine:
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
Halve and pit 2 avocados. Spoon the corn-tomato mixture over top the 4 avocado halves. If desired, place the stuffed avocados on a baking sheet and broil for 3 to 4 minutes in the oven. It depends on whether you want a hot avocado or a cold one. Both are delicious, I promise! I had one hot and one cold for lunch and I could not decide which was better.
Whichever route you go, the avocado peel can serve as the bowl. Scoop the contents into your hungry mouth with a spoon!
Have a great week, friends! Thank you so much for reading!
Corn and Tomato Stuffed Avocados
This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy an avocado!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published May 27, 2013
Total time: 10 min
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- Preheat broiler (if desired). In a medium bowl, combine the tomato, corn, feta cheese, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Spoon the mixture over the top of the 4 avocado halves. If desired, place the stuffed avocados on a baking sheet and broil for 3 to 4 minutes. The peel can serve as a bowl. Scoop contents out with a spoon.