For once, I am sitting in a quiet house. My boys are peacefully napping, which means I have time to get some work done. But I am having a hard time finding words today. Apparently I am only able to be productive when, "MOMMY! My toe just fell off!" is being screamed across the house. Productive under pressure. The subtitle of my life.
Last night after I ran across the idea of a one-pot meal in the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine, I threw one together myself. Why had I not ever thought of this? Throw everything into a single pan and 10 minutes later, dinner is ready! The version I made last night was so easy and delicious. The leftovers are sitting in my fridge, begging me to come take a bite. I can't wait till dinner!
And there goes my quiet, so certainly now the words will flow with ease!
In a large skillet, combine:
12-oz. package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta, uncooked
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, stem removed and diced (optional)
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5 1/2 cups water
Stir it all up like the good stirrer that you are.
And then bring it to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and the liquid has been absorbed. Could this be any easier?
And to top it off, deliciousness (and a little bit of zing, if you go that route) will fill your tummy.
Thinkin' about an early dinner.
Easy One-Pan Pasta
It's a dream come true! Throw a few ingredients into a pan. 10 minutes later, dinner is done!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published May 21, 2013
Total time: 10 min
- 12-oz. package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem removed and finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 1/2 cups water
- Combine ALL ingredients in a large skillet. Bring to boiling over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente and liquid has evaporated. Serve immediately.