I don't ONLY make salads and vegetables in my kitchen. I promise! I do my best to keep versatility at the forefront of my brain when deciding what to make next. And even though my blogger friend Jeff has never technically been in my kitchen, he apparently sees the versatility in my cooking/baking/salad-ing through my blog. I happen to love Jeff's blog, so I was honored that he sent this blogger award my way! Thank you, Jeff!
The first part of receiving this award is that I am supposed to share a few unique facts about myself. Let's see what I can come up with:
1. I have two different-colored eyes.
2. My husband (and a handful of others) thinks I'm completely crazy because of this, but I LOVE SCARY MOVIES. The original Halloween movie is my all-time favorite. It's almost like I get high on fear, which I understand sounds totally insane.
3. I take a relaxing bubble bath almost every night.
4. In the past year I have become obsessed with photography. I cannot wait to be able to call myself a professional photographer.
5. I cannot WAIT for November 18th! Seriously...antsy...can't wait....
6. I have an enormous sweet tooth. Bring on the sugar!
Now for the part where I pass The Versatile Blogger award onto some other bloggers!
1. One of my favorite food bloggers Parsley Sage has such versatility on her blog. I love her restaurant reviews and the food she and her husband make and her humor. I also love that she lives in the Cayman Islands. :)
2. Kate at Diethood is another favorite. Her amazing photography makes me swoon and she is so good at creating and sharing many different types food with her readers.
3. I absolutely cannot give these awards out without giving one to Katrina at In Katrina's Kitchen. Every time I open up her blog in my browser, I say, "Whoa! Cool!" She has such amazing creativity, which makes her quite versatile. I adore her blog.
4. Raven from Ravienomnoms is about as versatile as they come. I love her reviews of events and I of course all of the things that come from her own kitchen.
5. Carina from Kitchen Groovy also must have a spot on here. Her food makes my mouth water!
Go check these blogs out!!
And now for apples! A pretty standard ingredient for a versatility post. :)
I promised another apple post, so here we go. This, friends, is a recipe that has stood the test of time. It is a recipe that is really difficult to mess up. It is a recipe that screams comfort and fall. And it is a recipe that lasts less than a day in our house!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place 10 cups of tart or all-purpose apples (peeled, cored and sliced) in a 9x13 baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apple slices. Pour 1/2 cup of water over top of that.
In a medium bowl, combine:
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
Crumble evenly over the apple mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.